1. Do I need a referral?
No referrals are required to see any of our practitioners for private clients.
2. Do you take WorkCover/ TAC/ DVA?
Yes, but you do need a referral from your GP or a current certificate of capacity stating which service you need.
3. Can I use my Chronic Disease Management Plan (previous called EPC plan) at The Optimal Health Lab?
Yes, you can, and we are the only clinic in the area who is not charging patients above the Medicare rate. Eligible for selected physiotherapists only, please ask when booking.
4. Can I claim my health insurance on the spot?
Yes you can – we have a HICAPs machine
5. How long is my appointment?
Your initial appointment is up to 45 minutes with a Physiotherapist and any review appointments will be assessed individually based on your needs.
Psychology appointments are up to 50 minutes.
6. What do I wear to my appointment?
We suggest clothes that are easy to move in. However do remember practitioners will need to see how your body moves so we recommend a singlet and shorts are best.
7. Should I bring in my imaging results or specialist letters?
Yes please – the more information you can bring about your health helps us assess and treat you optimally.
8. Why do I need a Clinical Pilates assessment? What if I have done Clinical Pilates before?
An assessment is integral to further understanding your biomechanics, injury or injury history and get baseline strength measurements. Each clinic has a different assessment process, so yes every patients requires an assessment before starting in the program.